Good to know
- Comprehensive and secondary level school students from Turku led by their teacher get free admission to the museum.
- For other school groups the entrance fee is 2 €/student.
- Book your group visit from the museum’s ticket sales, 02 262 0850. You can reserve a guide from the same number.
- The price for guided tours for school groups is 39€, and the maximum group size is 30 students.
- Guided tours can be arranged for school groups also in the morning before the museum opens.
Museum pedagogue Johanna Seppä
Brighten up the school day
The Wäinö Aaltonen Museum of Art offers many ways to revitalise your teaching. Modern art often awakens the senses and takes a stand on political issues and history. Fine arts can morph into literature, carry knowledge on other cultures or illustrate the physics of light and colour. Think outside the box and include the museum in your curriculum.
Info for teachers
The Wäinö Aaltonen Museum of Art holds an information session for teachers with every new main exhibition. The information session is usually held on the Monday following the exhibition’s opening. The teachers are told about the exhibitions, themes of the exercise book and upcoming events and programmes at the museum. The goal of the information sessions is to help teachers plan their museum visit and give them advice on how to process the visit afterwards with students.
An invitation to the information session is sent to the museum’s mailing list. If you’re not on the mailing list, you can join it by sending your contact information to the museum pedagogue.